2. Remove Obsolete And Unwanted Programs - Unnecessary programs installed on a computer still utilize memory and disk space of the computer that eventually affects its performance, so better eliminate it. CCleaner is one of the best suggested program to do the uninstalling. It can uninstall one, two or more programs at the same time unlike with the conventional Windows Add/Remove Program Utility in which performs only one at a time.
3. Stop Unwanted Services And Background Programs - Unknowingly lot of unseen programs and services still running invisibly though you needed them no more, thus slowing down the computer.To get rid of it, first you have to identify them then go to System Configuration Utility under the Service tab or run "services.msc" and disable the selected services and Windows Task Manager under the Processes tab then select them to end the background programs and other services temporarily until restarted.
4. Delete Unwanted And Duplicate Files - Removing unnecessary and duplicated files in your My Documents, Download Folders and other potential folders will somehow lessen the burden of the computer. Actually, it also benefits the user as he or she could easily search for the important files. You may delete unwanted files manually, however, when deleting duplicate files please do use duplicate cleaner applications for convenience. Don't worry there are lot of free duplicate cleaner programs available to download online.
5. Update Drivers And Firmwares - Regularly updating drivers of your computer will make it smoother and faster. One of the important drives that you need to update is video graphic. You can use Filehippo Updater for auto checking and updating. You can download it for free.
6. Clean Registry, History And Temporary Files - Again, you can use CCleaner to perform the cleaning of erroneous registry as well as removing temporary files that eventually affects the performance of the computer. You may do this process regularly most specially if you usually installing and uninstalling various software and doing countless task on it.
7. Scan and Remove Viruses - Unknowingly, your computer may be infected by malicious software or viruses that are so harmful in computer's system. Therefore, it requires regular scanning of the entire system in order to detect and remove it. There were lot of antivirus available online. You can use the free version of it, but it doesn't give you assurance that it detects all of it. Much better if you purchase premium one. Don't forget to update it regularly for protection against new threats online.
8. Perform Disk Defragmenting - In doing this process, your computing experience may be very smooth and even very faster than usual because it arranges fragmented data into its proper location that make you access it quick.
9. Upgrade Memory - If you do multi-tasking in your computer like doing PhotoShop, Word Processing and browsing Internet. It is better that you upgrade your memory module for favorable performance because if not you will experience lag and slowdown of your computer. Don't try changing memory module on your own most especially if you're not a techy person. For safety please do contact your nearest computer service provider to do the task.
10.Perform Checkdisk For Errors - Lastly, checking disk for errors may help in getting rid the slowing down of your computer. In some cases, computer do slow down because the disk itself is damage or should I say has a defect.